This Beer Cheese Dip is incredibly easy to make and only takes three ingredients. Serve it with some warm pretzels and you have an appetizer ready for any day.
Beer Cheese Dip
I don’t know about you, but beer cheese dip is one of my all time favorite appetizers. It’s always so creamy and full of flavor without being too heavy. I always figured it was this long, arduous process to create the perfect consistency.
The good news is after a little trial and error, I found the easiest way to make it at home. Sure, you could make a roux and use some fancy cheese and spices, but sometimes you just need something quick and easy.
I’ll be the first to say that you could even make your own pretzels to serve with, but hi frozen section. We love you.
Something to keep in mind is the audience you’re serving this dip to. If you have a ton of children around who are eating it, maybe use something milder and lighter in flavor. If you’ll be around a ton of beer lovers, add something with a ton of hops to give it that extra flavor.
I’m a big fan of using Bell’s Two Hearted Ale here for enough flavor without it being too overwhelming.
Other toppings for this Easy Beer Cheese Dip:
- Chives or green onions add a great crunch to the dip
- Slice up some jalapeños or some green chilies to add a little heat and depth
- Chop up some bacon to make it extra savory!
Tips for making Beer Cheese Dip:
- Simmer the beer first to cook off some of the alcohol and to help make the cream cheese melt easier.
- Add in the shredded cheddar a handful at a time to make sure the sauce doesn’t clump together.
- Try using different types of cheeses to create new flavors. Maybe a Mexican blend and Dos Equis for something light!
Are you looking for more dips ideas? Check out these options:
This dip is easy to throw together last minute for any event! It's so light and always a crowd-pleaser. This Sambal Hummus has a great kick and is perfect for any spice lover. This Chicken Buffalo Dip is so quick to make in the Instant Pot! This White Wine Cheesy Chicken Dip is another great dip flavored with alcohol! This dip only takes 7 ingredients and is so full of flavor! This dip has smoked salmon in it. Why would you need any other excuse to make it?
Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip
Chicken Buffalo Dip
White Wine Cheesy Chicken Dip
Crab Spinach Dip
Smoked Salmon Dip
This dip is easy to throw together last minute for any event! It's so light and always a crowd-pleaser.
This Sambal Hummus has a great kick and is perfect for any spice lover.
This Chicken Buffalo Dip is so quick to make in the Instant Pot!
This White Wine Cheesy Chicken Dip is another great dip flavored with alcohol!
This dip only takes 7 ingredients and is so full of flavor!
This dip has smoked salmon in it. Why would you need any other excuse to make it?
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Soft pretzels, to serve
- In a medium sauce pan, bring beer to a simmer. Add in cream cheese cubes and stir until melted.
- Slowly add in shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve warm with soft pretzels.
Any light beer should work! The flavor of the beer will come through the flavor of the sauce so take that into consideration. I used Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
Calphalon Nonstick 4-Quart Saucepan
Cuisinart Silicone Whisk, 10-Inch, Black
Tru Stainless Steel Mini Crock .65-qt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: .31 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 275mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 8g