This Rotel Sausage Dip only needs 4 ingredients to make an addicting cheesy dip for any occasion. Combine sausage, Velveeta, Rotel, and jalapenos for the easiest melty cheese dip!
Rotel Sausage Dip
If you’re looking for a queso fundido inspired dip, this Rotel Sausage Dip is a quick way to fill the need for a cheesy dip!
My dad makes this for just about any major sporting occasion – from game day to tailgating to even the Master’s.
Melty cheese dips will always be a good idea especially during cold months. Just add a bag of corn chips and you’re set!
The Culinary Compass participates in several different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
What do I need to make Rotel Sausage Dip?
You’ll only need four ingredients to make rotel sausage dip! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground sausage – pork sausage like Jimmy Dean’s is always a great option
- Velveeta – it’s easy to melt without clumping
- Rotel tomatoes- the combination of diced tomatoes and green chilies is a great way to add flavor
- Diced jalapeños – this is optional, but if you’re looking to add spice, this is a quick way to do that!
Can I make this ahead of time?
Definitely! It makes a great dish to prepare and then reheat once you want to serve it. It’s also easy to just cook the sausage and dice the Velveeta to quickly melt together once you’re ready.
When you’re ready to make the dish, it’ll come together in under ten minutes. Just mix together all of the ingredients in a saucepan or large skillet until the cheese is melted and you’re all set!
Can I make this in a slow cooker?
Absolutely. You’ll want to cook through and brown the sausage and drain the excess fat prior to adding to the slow cooker. Once the sausage is cooked through, you can add it to the slow cooker with the other ingredients.
It will only take about 30 minutes to melt through in a slow cooker on low heat. Be sure to stir occasionally and it’ll be ready to go in no time.
Serving it in a slow cooker will also keep it nice and melty throughout the big game!
What other proteins can I use?
There’s lots of other options to use! Try using hot sausage if you’re looking to kick up the heat. Italian sausage is also a great option that’s full of flavor.
Ground beef is a great option, but be sure to drain the excess grease before using it.
Can I add other ingredients?
Rotel sausage dip can always use your own additions. Adding extra onions and garlic or even garlic powder when you’re cooking the sausage is an easy way to pump up the flavor.
Diced red onions, avocado, and cilantro are all also great toppings to add more freshness to the dish!
Cream cheese is a great alternative to create a great sausage cream cheese dip.
What should I serve this with?
Corn chips and tortilla chips are always a good idea with rotel sausage dip. You could also serve this with bread slices to add even more delicious carbs to the mix.
Carrot chips, celery, or broccoli are all also great options if you’re looking to add some more vegetables to your day.
This is my first time getting to join the awesome Freaky Friday blog hop and I couldn’t be more excited! Michaela from An Affair from the Heart does an amazing job coordinating the whole thing and has created such a fun experience.
Every blogger gets to make a recipe from another blogger and it’s not known who has who until the morning when all the posts go live!
I was lucky enough to get Jennifer from Take Two Tapas! Jennifer is like my culinary soul-sister; she also loves to cook for friends and family and try as many dishes as possible when going out to eat.
She’s all about recipes to help you entertain – think appetizers, party foods, and cocktails! I couldn’t wait to dive into her recipes as soon as I knew she was my pick.
Take a look at all of our 2021 Freaky Friday Winter Edition Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Copy Cat Taco Bell Enchirito
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Three Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- The Carefree Kitchen – Lemon Bundt Cake
- Devour Dinner – Cheese Enchiladas
- The Foodie Affair – Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread
- The Fresh Cooky – Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- House of Nash Eats – Pineapple Casserole
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Lemoine Family Kitchen – Red Beans & Rice
- Life, Love & Good Food – Pan Seared Scallops
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Weeknight Broccoli Shrimp Stir Fry
- Off the Eaten Path – Extra Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Soulfully Made – Stuffed Pepper Meatloaf
- The Speckled Palate – Pretzel Cheese Dip
- Sugar Dish Me – Cheesecake Brownies with Graham Cracker Crust
- Take Two Tapas – Buffalo Chicken Taquitos in the Air Fryer
- West Via Midwest – Frito Corn Salad
What other dips should I serve for game day?
Dips are the most important part of game day. If you’re looking for some more cheesy dip options to serve try some of these:
Pin this Recipe!