This Honey Lemon Vinaigrette is the perfect tangy salad dressing for just about occasion. It’ll become a staple after trying it!
Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
If you’re looking for a versatile and delicious dressing to drizzle over your salads, Honey Lemon Vinaigrette is a perfect choice. This dressing has a perfect balance of tanginess from the lemon and sweetness from the honey that makes it a recipe that you’ll love coming back to over and over again.
It’s also a great choice for marinades, glazes, or as a dipping sauce. This tangy dressing is a perfect way to add a zesty and fresh spin to your dishes.
Why You’ll Love Lemon Vinaigrette with Honey
- It is a versatile dressing that pairs well with a variety of foods. It’s perfect for drizzling over salads, roasted veggies, grilled meats, and more. Its versatility makes it a must-have in your recipe box.
- This dressing has a perfect balance of tanginess and sweetness, thanks to the combination of lemon and honey. It’s a great alternative to store-bought dressings.
- Honey Lemon Vinaigrette is super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. It doesn’t require any cooking, and you can whip it up in less than 5 minutes.
The Culinary Compass participates in several different affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is a vinaigrette?
A vinaigrette is a type of dressing used in salads or as a marinade. It typically consists of a mixture of oil, vinegar, and other flavorings like herbs, spices, mustard, or sweeteners.
The most basic vinaigrette recipe involves combining three parts oil with one part acid and then adding flavorings according to taste. The oil and acid are often whisked together to form an emulsion, creating a stable mixture that coats salad greens or other ingredients evenly.
The great thing about vinaigrettes is that you can add and adjust your own flavor to make them completely your own. This Mango Dressing, Strawberry Vinaigrette, Lemon Herb Hummus Vinaigrette, or Spicy Jalapeno Lime Vinaigrette are all great unique versions!
Homemade Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Olive oil – Olive oil is a healthy fat that is commonly used in dressings. It has a light, fruity flavor that pairs well with acidic ingredients like lemon juice.
- Lemon juice Lemon juice adds a bright, tangy flavor to the dressing. It’s acidic nature balances the sweetness of honey, giving the dressing a perfect balance of flavors.
- Dijon mustard – Dijon mustard is a classic ingredient in vinaigrettes that helps to emulsify the dressing. It adds a subtle tanginess and a slightly spicy flavor to the dressing.
- Honey Honey is a natural sweetener that adds sweetness to the dressing. It’s a healthier alternative to refined sugar and has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Salt Salt helps to balance the flavors in the dressing and brings out the natural flavors of the other ingredients.
- Black pepper – Black pepper adds a subtle spiciness to the dressing. It also enhances the flavors of the other ingredients and adds depth to the dressing.
Olive oil can be substituted with avocado oil or grape seed oil for a different flavor profile.
Dijon mustard can be replaced with a brown mustard for a slightly different flavor.
How to make Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
Mix together ingredients: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and black pepper.
Adjust if needed: Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired, adding more lemon juice or honey for personal preference.
Storage: Store the vinaigrette in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Tips and Tricks
- For a smoother consistency, use a blender or food processor.
- Allow the vinaigrette to sit for a while to let the flavors meld together.
- Experiment with different honey varieties for unique flavor profiles.
- Garlic Twist: Add a minced garlic clove for a hint of savory flavor.
- Herb Infusion: Mix in chopped fresh herbs like basil or thyme for an aromatic touch.
- Drizzle over mixed greens for a refreshing salad.
- Baste it onto grilled vegetables like these Grilled Veggie Skewers.
- Use as a marinade for chicken or fish.
- Toss with cooked pasta or grains for a flavorful side dish.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yes, it can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
You can use this healthy salad dressing on green salads like this Kale Salad with Cranberries, summer salads like this Tomato, Green Onion, and Orzo Salad, or any of your other favorite pasta salads like this Greek Pasta Salad.
Take mason jars or an airtight container and place the salad dressing inside. You can add a little fresh lemon juice or lime juice to help keep everything zesty! Place it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Airtight container for storage