I don’t know about you, but I’m all about the meal prep trend. I know people have always been good about meal prepping, but the influx of new recipes have made it that much easier and delicious. Cue these Pineapple Chicken Meal Prep Bowls!
They’re full of flavor and will not disappoint to change up your lunches. I’ve loved getting to take these in!
My friend introduced me to this recipe awhile ago and it’s been a family favorite. I figured shrimp might bother my coworkers when reheating in the microwave so I subbed the shrimp for chicken.
Add a little marinade to the chicken and it goes perfect with it! It also keeps really well and hasn’t dried out for me throughout the week which is a huge plus.
The flavors are perfectly balanced too. Just enough tang and acidity from the pineapple with the spice of the red pepper flakes and bite from the pepper. It’s addicting and sure to be your new favorite.
I’m a fan of eating it over brown rice, but you could make this a wrap! You could also try eating it over a salad or quinoa. Shoutout to alllll of the possibilities.
If you’re looking for another meal prep option, try these Veggie Chicken Meal Prep Bowls!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
- pineapple juice, reserved from pineapple chunks
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- Optional: brown rice, to serve
- In a gallon bag, add chicken, reserved pineapple juice, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, and ginger. Mix together and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in green pepper and red onion. Cook until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Add pineapple chunks, cook an additional 2-3 minutes and remove from skillet.
- Add in remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add chicken and cook until no longer pink 8-10 minutes. Add remaining 2 tbsp of soy sauce and lime juice. Mix and add veggie mixture back in. Let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice. Serve warm or save for later!
Cuisinart Dishwasher Safe Hard-Anodized 5-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set - 3-Piece
Evolutionize Healthy Meal Prep Containers - 7 Pack, Single Compartment, 28 Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 145mg Sodium: 642mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 37g Protein: 56g