This is probably the easiest pulled pork you’ll ever make. It’s only three ingredients all thrown in the crock pot then set it and forget it… Until the house smells amazing and you have trouble resisting eating all the pork.
I personally love making my own barbecue sauce especially this Maple Brown Sugar BBQ sauce seen on these ribs. Feel free to use whatever your favorite barbecue sauce to make it such a simple recipe.
Check out this link for the rest of the appetizers I made for the Super Bowl.
- 3.5-4 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 12 oz can of ginger ale
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Extra BBQ sauce for sliders
- Take half of the chopped onion and place on the bottom of the crock pot. Place pork shoulder on top and place the rest of the onion on the pork. Pour the ginger ale all over the onions and pork.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours until fork tender.
- Take the pork out and shred with forks discarding most of the onions and liquid. Save if you'd like to put the onions on the sliders.
- Return the pulled pork to the crock pot and mix in the bbq sauce. Let cook another 30 minutes on low.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Adapted from Food.com.