Another option is to throw it on a salad with some grilled chicken like I did with these leftovers for a great dinner! A super easy way to please even the pickiest of eaters.
The lime juice helps cut the vinegar flavors keeping it very light. You could also cut the balsamic vinegar all together and replace it with lime juice. Maybe replace the basil with cilantro and add some jalapeños and red onion you’ve got a fun southwestern take on this salad!
Until summer actually arrives, I’ll happily take this little bowl of sunshine.
I also wanted to let you guys know that The Culinary Compass is on Yummly! Head over here to check out my page that compiles all of my recipes that are Yummed! If you haven’t already, you should download the Yum bookmarklet that allows you to Yum recipes straight from the browser. My Yum button is up by the title of the post which will add it directly to your Recipe Box! It’s so easy and there’s tons of recipes you can search on their website.
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 10 oz frozen bag edamame in pods, about 1 cup shelled, cooked according to package
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half, about half pint
- 3 tbsp basil, chiffonade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Combine corn, edamame, tomatoes, and basil in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and lime juice in small bowl and mix well.
- Pour balsamic mixture over corn mixture and mix until everything is incorporated.